POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: POV disk with variable-width font and high-res sun 3200x2400 560k+encoding : Re: POV disk with variable-width font and high-res sun 3200x2400 560k+encoding Server Time
3 Oct 2024 17:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV disk with variable-width font and high-res sun 3200x2400 560k+encoding
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 2 Jan 2000 00:09:30
Message: <386edd8a@news.povray.org>
omniVERSE <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> These pictures are making for one heck of a large file size even
compressed.
> Should any future posts be uploaded to webspace and not here then? I too
> have a render of this going now and thought I would only do it that way if
> it seemed reasonable to upload at all.  What do you all think?  Bringing
> this up because I can see it being redone many more times if new additions
> are made.

I think it's okay.  It's our choice to download it.  The file size is
usually shown on news clients, and also, seeing 3200x2400 in the header will
tell you that it's big.

As long as it's not done for everything, I don't care, but if someone
displays a test image of a box in 3200x2400, then I think I'll go nuts :)

--
This message brought to you by:
-=< Ian (the### [at] hotmailcom >=-

Please visit my site at http://spectere2000.cjb.net! :)